OTHER SOLAR PRODUCTS
Solar Desalination System (SOLAR STILL)
Solar Still is a device to desalinate impure water, brackish or saline water. It a simple device to get potable/fresh distilled water, using solar energy as fuel, for various applications in domestic, industrial and academic sectors.
A solar still consist of shallow triangular insulated basin made up of Aluminum Sheet. Top of the basin is covered with toughened glass tilt fitted so that the basin is air tight and maximum solar radiation can be transmitted in to the still. Out let is connected with a storage container. A window is provided in the basin to clean the basin from inside and to fill water in the basin.
Working of solar still is based on simple scientific principle of evaporation and condensation. Brackish or saline water is filled in still basin which contains special black granules that always floats on water and are black in color, so as to improve the heating rate of water. Water vapors formed by evaporation rises upward and condenses on the inner surface of the cover glass which is relatively cold. Condensed water vapor trickles down in to the seepage, made for the outlet, from there it is collected in to the storage container.
The operation of Solar Still is very simple and no special skill is required for its operation and maintenance.
Major advantages of Solar Stills over other conventional distillation / water purification /de-mineralization systems are as follows :
Produces pure distilled water
No prime movers required
No conventional energy required
No skilled operator required
Can purify highly saline water (even sea water)
Solar stills is an useful devise to get fresh / distilled water required in :
Industries for processing
Hospitals and Dispensaries for sterilization
Garages and Automobile Workshops for radiator and battery maintenance
Telephone Exchanges for battery maintenance
Laboratories for analytic works
Marshy and Costal areas for fresh potable water
Solar Still are available in a varied range starting from minimum 3 to 5 liters per day to the capacity depending on the usability and the requirement of the client.
We are among the reputed organizations engaged in manufacturing and supplying Solar Dryer. While manufacturing these machines, our professionals ensure to follow international quality standards and use high grade material procured from the certified vendors of the market. A team of experts keeps vigil on the entire production process, so as to maintain higher quality standards and remove defects, if any.
Our firm is involved in offering Solar Dryer. The wide array of Solar Dryer is manufactured using quality stainless steel to ensure its high quality and long lasting services. Equipped with all the advanced facility, our products are developed following global quality standard. These are available at market leading rates to our customers.
- Robust structure
- Natural convection with two chimney
- 12 trays with SS wire mesh: 40-50 kg/batch
Solar Hot Air Generator
WE engaged in manufacturing high quality Hot Air Generator that has been widely used by the customers at national and international standard. These Hot Air Generators are extremely efficient in working. The generators are provided with self indicating purification technology. Our customers have always appreciated our Hot Air Generator owing to its premium quality and pocket friendly price range.
Why our Hot Air Generator?
- Highly reliable
- Long durable life
- Easy installation
- Reduced noise
- For Portable HAG ( 18 KW – 100 KW ; Temp. : 60 – 150 0C)
- For Industrial HAG ( 0.174 MW – 60 MW ; Temp. : 150 – 800 0C)
- Solid Fuel
- Light Oil / Furnace Oil
- LPG / Natural Gas
Bio Gas Plant
We are offering Biogas Plant. Biogas is mixture of methane (a high value of fuel) Carbon dioxide.
- It also has trace of other gases such as hydro sulphide
- Biogas is highly combustible and hence use as a fuel
- It is obtained from anaerobic ( in the absence of air, more specifically oxygen) fermentation of organic matter
Why Biogas ?
- Biogas is very useful as alternate renewable energy source as fuel
- Direct burning of cow dung, fire wood and crop residues for cooking results in loss of fertility of the soil as it is deprived of the organic manure and its combustion efficiency is also very low
- Biogas plant helps in maintaining better sanitation and environment
Biogas is used for many application including cooking, lighting and running the engine. Effluent from biogas plant is a good organic manure that is as follows:
- Dung and other biomass are mixed with water in a mixing tank and the mixture is allowed to flow into the digester of the bio gas plant through inlet pipe line
- The biomas in course of time starts emitting a gas due to anaerobic fermentation
- This gas ( primarily methane) is collected in the gas chamber
- The residual slurry comes out of outlet chamber as enriched manure
- The collected gas is sent through the pipe to the kitchen for cooking and other application
Biomass Gasification Based Thermal and Power Plant
Biomass is organic material, which has stored solar energy from sunlight in the form of chemical in the plants through the process called photosynthesis. Biomass fuels include Agricultural Wastes, Crop Residues, Wood, Woody Wastes & Organic Wastes etc. Unless like fossil fuels Biomass does not add carbon dioxide to the atmosphere as it absorbs the same amount of carbon while growing. It is the cheapest, eco-friendly, renewable source of energy.
Biomass Gasification converts solid biomass into more convenient gaseous form. The ratio of air-to-fuel required for the complete combustion of the biomass is 6:1 to 6.5:1, which defined as stoichiometric combustion with the end products being CO2 and H2O. In gasification the combustion is carried at sub-stoichiometric conditions with air-to-fuel ratio being 1.5:1 to 1.8:1. The gas so obtained is called Producer gas, which is combustible having a calorific value of 4.5-5.0 MJ/kg, with an average composition of CO : 20 + 1%; CH4 : 3 + 1%, H2 : 20 + 1%, CO2 : 12 + 1% and rest, N2. This process is made possible in a device called biomass gasifier. A biomass gasifier system mainly comprises of a reactor, where the combustible gas is generated and the gas is made available for power generation / thermal application after the required cleaning and cooling process.
Power Generation using biomass technology
Using the gas obtained from biomass fuel, it is possible to operate a diesel engine on Dual Fuel Mode with marginal changes to the air inlet or in a 100% Producer Gas Engine. In dual fuel mode, diesel substitution of the order of 80 to 85% can be obtained at nominal loads. The recent developments have made possible the operations of Spark ignited gas engine using gas obtained from biomass fuel alone. The mechanical energy thus derived can be used directly to energizing mechanical device or by coupling with an alternator for electrical power generation, either for local consumption or for grid synchronization.
Thermal Applications utlizing biomass technology
For processes, which require thermal energy, biomass gasifiers can be a good option as a gas generator, and retrofitted with existing devices. Producer Gas has the advantage of better and finer power control, more efficient and environment friendly when compared to that of solid fuels. Burning of 1 m3 of gas obtained from biomass fuel in the burner will release thermal energy of the order of 4.5 to 5.0 MJ. Flame temperatures as high as 12000 C can be obtained by optimal pre-mixing of air with the gas obtained through biomass gasification.
Few of the applications where retrofit is possible are:
- Dryers: Drying is the most essential process in industry like tea, rubber, cardamom etc. It requires hot gases in the range of 1200-1300 C. In this case biomass gasifier could be an ideal solution, where hot gas after combustion can be diluted with the required quantity of secondary air, so as to lower its temperature to the desired level for operation.
- Kilns: Baking of tiles, potteries require temperature range of 8000 – 9500 C. In conventional practices they burn large quantities of wood in an inefficient manner. Biomass gasifier could be suitable for such applications, which provides a better control of temperature with smokeless operation thereby enhancing the product quality.